Saturday, 3 September 2011

new kindof collar.

My rather outward obsession shows no signs of fading fast and good job, collar hollah-ing is set to stay around for at least another season.
Metal Collar Necklace: Topshop

A new breed of metallic collars have been popping up all over the shops. Its a collar but a necklace too #ingenious. My sister actually picked this up last week from Topshop, after deciding she was more of a silver jewellery kinda gal, I gots my paws all owa it. Isn't it cool?

Some others that have caught my beady eye on theirs (and h&m's) website:

Topshop and h&m

A post earlier in the week by Susie Lau got me thinking - where did the collar even come from? I urge you to read it.

This is the type of thing that keeps on feeding my hunger for fashion; curators' ability to identify a trend, nail it then experiment with endless amounts of shapes, cuts and materials to then nail it all over again.

x

12 comments:

  1. oh well im into these now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are so cool, can't even believe I haven't got any yet! awesome post. off to read Susie's now! x

    ramz and the flock

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that last one, so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving the collar look - I can't really wear high collared tops/dresses so this is the perfect compromise !! XxXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg I need that topshop one!!

    http://lowri-armsaroundamemory.blogspot.com/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in love with the first topshop one :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great article you linked to! I really like the collars you've selected, easy way to create a new look! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE these! I've got some great ones from Topshop and H&M too, i just love how they can transform an otherwise simple outfit.

    xx

    jadedanielle-fashionbeforefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. those pieces are all great, I love such collars/necklaces, think they can sometimes really make a whole outfit!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are stunnning!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow love it all great collection Dear

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are actually really cool and unexpected. Love this post!


    http://myeverydayrunway.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

What ya sayin'?